ACTION: Contact both of your Senators, and Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, as well. Ask them to hold up the Loretta Lynch nomination, particularly if the ATF continues its crusade to wage war on AR-15’s by banning common ammunition, such as SS109 and M855 ammo.
The “Ball” is now in McConnell’s Court
The Senate Judiciary Committee is expected to advance, on Wednesday, the nomination of Loretta Lynch to be Attorney General.
This, of course, comes roughly a week since the ATF announced its intention to ban common “green tip” AR-15 ammunition.
Once the nomination is voted out of committee, it goes to the full Senate. But whether she gets a vote in the full chamber is entirely up to Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.
As a tactical matter, Gun Owners of America is encouraging the Senate to postpone any vote on the Attorney General nominee. After all, this is what we’re dealing with:
* Loretta Lynch is a protégé of anti-gun New York Senator Chuck Schumer;
* Lynch has made it clear that she would continue to enforce Barack Obama’s unlawful amnesty “executive actions” (which would, ultimately, add 8 million anti-gun voters to the rolls);
* Lynch was asked about the Justice Department’s efforts to eradicate the Second Amendment by cutting off credit under Operation Choke Point — and she feigned ignorance;
* Lynch is expected to continue every unlawful anti-gun action by Holder, including the pending effort to demonize AR-15’s by banning certain AR-15 ammunition;
* There is no evidence that Lynch is less anti-gun than the current Attorney General Eric Holder — and her public record has gained Lynch the well-deserved nickname “Holder in a skirt”; and,
* Unlike Holder, Lynch is being groomed to fill the Kennedy or Scalia seat on the Supreme Court, resulting in the reversal of the pro-gun rulings in the Heller and McDonald cases.
FK – Ask McConnell why it hasn’t introduced legislation to repeal GCA ’68, the NFA, shut down the BATF Nazis, try them for treason and give their retirement funds to their victims.