- Invasion of Privacy
- Federal Overreach
- Expensive to Implement
- Use of Biometrics
- Violation of Religious Liberty.
For more specific information on the concerns listed above CLICK HERE to see our handouts and alerts on the REAL ID from the 2016 Session.
- Do the same as California and Virginia, where we apply for an exception, as both states have complied with most of REAL ID, with the exception of the most egregious parts of the law.
- If Kentucky is going to pass REAL ID compliance into our Driver’s License laws, then there needs to be a true opt out which should include:
- No Biometrics.
- No information collection and storage, only verification.
- Maintain the current Religious Exemption.
- Information Campaign at County Clerks offices about alternative forms of ID that would be acceptable for flights, if Kentucky was not to comply with REAL ID for our Driver’s Licenses.
Acton to Take:
- Call the Governor @ 502-564-2611 to voice your concerns.
- Call the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet:
- Secretary Greg Thomas and Chief of Staff Asa Swan @ 502-564-5102
- Call the Commissioner of the Department of Vehicle Regulation John-Mark Hack @ 502-564-7000
- Call your state legislators @ 1-800-372-7181
- Call Your Congressional Representative and get them to support and sponsor the Federal REAL ID Repeal legislation HR 4375 (Thomas Massie is already a sponsor.) 202-224-3121
- Call Sen. Mitch McConnell and tell him to support and sponsor the Federal REAL ID Repeal legislation S 2440 ( Rand Paul is already a co-sponsor) 202-224-3121
FK – Gee, even the commie journal allowed a column against it: